Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vermillion Tinyhawk

The most recent bass to leave the shop was Joey Bence's Vermillion Tinyhawk. This is a pretty sweet bass if I don't say so myself.

I'd like to start off by saying that this is two firsts in one for me. This bass is both my first lefty and my first five string. Its fun being able to knock those two out at the same time!

Here's a rundown of the specifics of this bass.

Mahogany body w/ Paduak (Vermillion) Top
3 piece Maple Neck
Wenge & Paduak fretboard
Spar-Urethane finish to preserve the color of the Paduak.
It's equipped with a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Jazz Pickup in the neck position and a SMB-5D in the bridge position. Joe writes,

"Loving the bass, thanks again. The tone is simply astounding. Blows my other bass out of the water tenfold, and of the few people that have seen it, nothing but wows. "
















No comments:

Post a Comment